Frequently Asked Questions
All orders are handled on a first come, first serve basis. Since items are one-of-a-kind, if the item you wish to purchase has been sold, you may choose another item, request a custom design, or receive a full refund.
Ordering and Payment
It is very easy to order an original Sherry Chaples creation. You can utilize our totally safe and secure shopping cart -- simply click the "Add to Cart" link at each item and when you are ready to complete your order you can make your payment via Paypal where I accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Virginia residents will be charged 6% sales tax.
If you are interested in a custom design, please feel free to "Contact Me" or call (703) 307-3182 with your ideas or questions. I will do my best to make your idea a reality. Once you have approved the design and place the order, the sale is final
I take pride in my work and devote the time and care it takes to assure you that you will receive a high quality handcrafted piece of jewelry.
- If for any reason your piece is defective due to my craftsmanship, it will be promptly repaired free of charge.
- Please contact me to discuss any repairs needed. Should your piece break do to fault of your own, I will attempt to repair it for a nominal fee.
These jewelry care guidelines will help ensure that your purchases maintain their luster for years to come. Selling you superior jewelry is just a start. It is only by providing you with information on how to maintain your jewelry properly for years to come that makes your shopping experience complete.
- Our creations are made using natural gemstones, pearls, and precious metals. Though they are made to be durable and last a lifetime, these creations of nature are delicate some more than others, so keep in mind that they may fracture if dropped or bumped against hard surfaces.
- Avoid any contact with chemicals while wearing your jewelry, such as perfumes, hair spray etc. This is especially true of pearls, which have porous surfaces. Make your jewelry the last thing you put on before walking out the door.
- Remember to remove your jewelry before exercising, swimming or doing household chores. Household and pool chemicals as well as sea salt and even hard water will leave a film on your jewelry, giving them a dull appearance in color and shine.
- Sterling Silver and Gold will eventually tarnish or discolor if left out in the open air. It’s best to store your jewelry in a jewelry box with a lid or even a zip locked baggie. This will minimize the tarnish.
- After wearing it wipe it with a soft, clean cloth. Using a cleaning cloth will leave it shining like new. We have cleaning cloths available. Just make sure what type of cleaning polish or dip you may use is safe for the materials in your jewelry. Some polishes can damage stones and pearls. Be sure to read the labels.
- At no time will I sell, rent, or divulge any of your personal information to anyone.
- I will use your email address only when I am confirming your internet order, or notifying you of special sales.
- All orders are processed on a secure online server to ensure that your credit card information is safeguarded.
Expanding Your Jewelry Collection for Free
I am currently booking Sherry Chaples trunk show/jewelry parties in or around Washington DC area.
- Earn 10% of your party sales in credit to go toward the purchase of your own jewelry.
- Events are structured so your guests do not show up feeling that there is an obligation to buy.
- I have seen from experience that women and jewelry create the perfect chemistry for a fun filled event.